Time and money are important topics in the elementary-level math curriculum. The World Almanac® for Kids Elementary‘s new “Math: Time and Money” topic area explains these fundamental concepts clearly and accessibly—through age-appropriate articles, Fun Facts, engaging videos, and related games and puzzles—to help students fully grasp these necessary skills.
Sections of the new Math: Time and Money module include:
- Understanding Time, covering What Is Time?, The Importance of Time, Measurements of Time, and A.M. and P.M.
- Time Telling Tools, covering Clocks, Watches, and Other Ways to Measure Time
- Telling and Writing Time, covering Time to the Hour, Time to the Half Hour, Time to the Quarter Hour, and Time to the Minute
- Elapsed Time, covering What Is Elapsed Time? and Calculating Elapsed Time
- Understanding Money, covering What Is Money? and Kinds of Money
- U.S. Currency, covering Coins and Bills
- Working with Money, covering Counting Money, Adding and Subtracting Money, and Making Change.
Click on the links below for more information about The World Almanac® for Kids Elementary: