Approximately 380 video clips have just been added to World Religions, including clips from the following three series:
The Story of God with Morgan Freeman by National Geographic Digital Media: This six-part series explores how religion has shaped the history of the world and how it continues to mold the lives of every single one of us today, no matter what our faith—or lack of faith—may be. Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman travels to some of the holiest sites in the world—from the Pyramids of Giza and Buddha’s Bodhi Tree to Mayan ruins and Jerusalem’s Dome of the Rock. He meets people of all faiths and speaks to religious leaders, scientists, historians, and archaeologists in an effort to understand how religion evolved and adapted as our society changed and, in turn, how religion transformed the evolution of society.
The six parts of The Story of God series are:
- Apocalypse, including the video clips Number of the Beast, Mayan Time, Jewish End of Days, and more
- Beyond Death, including the video clips Near-Death Experience, Eternal Life, Reincarnation, and more
- Creation, including the video clips Hindu Cosmology, Science and Religion, Aboriginal Myth and Science, and more
- The Power of Miracles, including the video clips Sainthood, Daoist Belief, Lessons from Buddha, and more
- Who Is God, including the video clips Abraham’s Legacy, Muslim Perception of God, Navajo Ceremony, and more
- Why Does Evil Exist, including the video clips Original Sin, Zoroastrian View of Evil, Interview with a Skinhead, and more
Let’s Talk about Religion by Video Education America: This four-part series discusses the ways in which three of the world’s largest religions—Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism—interpret the nature of God, the environment, bioethics, and the afterlife.
Religion in Contemporary Society by Video Education America: This three-part series discusses what religion means in today’s society and looks at some of the new religious movements that have evolved. The series discusses if contemporary society is moving away from the traditional and historical view of religion or if religion and spirituality are merely changing and taking on new forms.
Click on the links below for more information about World Religions: