About This Product:
Help students gather background information on the events shaping today’s headlines with scholarly resources on contemporary issues relating to technology, economics and class, ethics and religion, race and ethnicity, and social activism. When students are asked to write persuasive papers for ENG 101 and other Gen Ed courses, point them to these digital titles, and help them steer clear of dubious open-web searches.
Credo Essentials Collections offer access to award-winning, notable, and peer-acclaimed reference content. Available collections cover dozens of in-demand subjects and are curated by Credo. Each are seamlessly updated as new editions publish and new content is licensed. Content is regularly refreshed to ensure continued relevance. Credo Essentials Collections are full text and searchable alongside the content on the Credo research platform.
- Content updates: Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection titles are seamlessly updated and weeded for your convenience.
- Citation management: With the Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection, users can conveniently cite entries in MLA, Chicago, APA, and Harvard formats.
- Embeds: The Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection allows users to embed entries in their school’s learning management system, virtual learning environment or other guides/websites. Any entry may be embedded, including those with images, audio, or videos.
- Permalinks: The Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection’s record URLs make it easy for researchers to return to previously viewed pages, and allow users to create “custom collections on the fly.”
- Integration options: Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection content can be embedded into LibGuides or any LMS that supports iFrame, including Canvas, D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard.
- Google Drive integration: Users can save Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection entries to Google Docs via Google Authenticator or through their personal Gmail accounts.
- Export entries: Users can print, save as a PDF, or email Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection entries simply and conveniently.
- Responsive design: The Contemporary Issues and Controversies Essentials Collection’s platform ensures a smooth user experience on any type of device.
- Accessible content: Audio files and dictation of text content (downloadable in MP3 format) improve accessibility and provide different avenues for students to absorb information.
- Translations: Text content is translated into 60+ languages.
- Climate Change
- Crime and Safety
- Current Events and Politics
- Drug Policy
- Economics and Class
- Ethics and Religion
- Family and Community
- Race and Ethnicity
- Social Activism
- Social Sciences
In an effort to curate the very best content for each collection, notable awards and recommendations are used to guide our selection process. Several titles in each collection have been distinguished in the following lists:
- Booklist Editors’ Choice
- Choice Community College Recommendation
- Choice Community College Top 75
- Choice Outstanding Academic Title (OAT)
- Library Journal Best Reference
- Resources for College Libraries (RCL)
- Reference & User Services Association (RUSA)