About This Product
This rich collection features a wealth of documentaries on some of the most pressing issues in environmental science, including climate change, water shortages, overpopulation, industrial disasters, deforestation, pollution, and more. Students will also have access to titles on research and methods, basic Earth science, and the history of environmental science.
- Fracking: The New Energy Rush; Gasland, Part II; Meet the Frackers: Energy Independence or Environmental Nightmare?; and Shattered Ground are documentaries on the controversial process of natural gas extraction.
- How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth? – a BBC special that explores the looming population crisis in practical terms, measuring as accurately as possible our planet’s capacity for human habitation.
- The Future of Food – traveling through the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Africa, and India, this two-hour BBC series explores the complex global web that brings food from farm to table and studies the very real possibility of a worldwide food crisis.
- Multiple exclusive titles from The Bill Moyers Collection, including Earth on Edge; Rachel Carson, Nature’s Guardian; Biologist E. O. Wilson; and more.
- Terra Report: A World of Trouble – a five-part series that reveals the dangers threatening the natural world as well as specific socioeconomic factors entwined with them, showcasing the realities of environmental devastation, species extinction, famine, starvation, and political instability in Africa, Asia, and South America.
- Nuclear Meltdown Disaster – NOVA reveals the minute-by-minute story of the Fukushima nuclear crisis—the one you know about…and the one you likely don’t.
- Strange Days on Planet Earth – a six-hour series hosted by Edward Norton that uses remarkable imagery to explore new discoveries about the health of planet Earth and how seemingly distant events are connected to human health and society.
- Unbreathable: Cities on the Verge of Asphyxiation – investigates the dangers of toxic emissions and looks at measures being taken to reduce air pollution from urban transport systems and industries.
- Secrets of the Oceans: Climate Control – four stories from around the globe told over 24 hours reveal importance of oceans in regulating our climate.
- Green Careers – a four-part series that reveals the broad application of environmental studies by showing viewers the green side of all 16 of the national career clusters.
- Is It Closing Time for Zoos? – from captive breeding programs and conservation, to education and welfare, this film evaluates the role zoos have to play in the 21st century.
- Seeds of Change: A Case Study of Sustainable Development in China – a multiple-award-winning program that follows an attempt to clean up the Yangtze River and its tributaries and the effects it has on the farmers whose lives hang in the balance of these plans.
- More than 60 titles from Green Planet Films, including Sand Wars; Thin Ice: The Inside Story of Climate Science; and award-winning programs such as Trashed, with Jeremy Irons and Vegucated.
- How Nature Works – a four-part BBC series that investigates symbiosis in nature and the unexpected and complex relationships between plants and animals.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- More than 750 hours of educational videos, lectures, and documentaries from top producers
- Custom Content Upload Option
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Easily embed videos into Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMS
- Tablet, mobile, PC & Mac friendly
- Create and share personalized playlists using segments from multiple videos
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material