About This Product
From business to the sciences to the trades, most students’ professions will inevitably involve mathematics. This collection aims to serve math’s cross-disciplinary nature, both with straightforward video lessons on branches from statistics to calculus, algebra, and geometry, as well as programming about applied math in accounting, psychology, construction, and more. Documentaries on advanced theories and the history and global impact of math round out the collection for more serious students.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Academic Video Package.
- More than 260 short-form video exercises on mathematics and statistics from integral CALC.
- Accounting Fundamentals – an exclusive four-part series that provides an overview of accounting practices and concepts.
- Engaging video series from Annenberg Learner that help demystify math, including Mathematics Illuminated (13 parts) and Against All Odds: Inside Statistics (32 parts).
- The Math Code – a three-hour series featuring Oxford University professor Marcus du Sautoy, bringing viewers on a quest to find the mathematical principles governing the natural world. From a Neolithic stone circle to Twitter, the series examines recurrent ratios and patterns and then asks if their existence makes it possible to predict future events.
- Algebra Applications and Geometry Applications – 20 parts in total, these two series present an impressive array of real-world applications of algebra, covering the complete scope and sequence of both curricula.
- The Story of Math – a landmark four-hour series that takes viewers on an entertaining and enlightening journey through the ages and around the world to trace the development of mathematics and to see how math has shaped human civilization.
- Multiple TED Talks focusing on mathematics, including How Juries Are Fooled by Statistics; How Algorithms Shape Our World; The Surprising Math of Cities and Corporations; Debunking Third-World Myths with the Best Stats You’ve Ever Seen; and more.
- The Secret Rules of Modern Living: Algorithms – examines the extraordinary impact of the use of algorithms and the collation of big data in society today.
- The Story of 1: How a Single Digit Created Math and Changed the World – hosted by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, this documentary tells the entire story of 1, how it has been the prime mover in creating the entire concept of mathematics, and, with 0, how it has come to dominate society through digital technology.
- Math: Linear Functions, Pythagoras’ Theorem, and Ratio and Proportion – a three-part series that will help students get their heads around this trio of foundational mathematics.
- Three smart and witty programs with engaging visual appeal: The Joy of Chance; The Joy of Stats; and The Joy of Logic.
- Algebra Nspirations – a 10-part series in which internationally acclaimed mathematics educator Dr. Monica Neagoy explores specific problems through the use of graphing calculators, entertaining insight into general concepts, and colorful real-world examples.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material