About This Product
Einstein’s theory of relativity, Newtonian physics, and Mendeleyev’s periodic table. Nanotechnology, quantum computing, and string theory. From the fundamental discoveries that changed history, to the science-fictionesque emerging fields of the present, this collection is filled with videos that highlight the most important topics in physics, chemistry, and astronomy.
- Essential Chemistry: Core Concepts Video Clip Collection – with 46 self-contained clips from three to six minutes each, this collection comprehensively covers the fundamentals of chemistry.
- Welcome to the Nanoworld! – a four-hour documentary series on both the promise and risks of this fascinating new branch of science.
- The Quantum Tamers: Revealing Our Weird and Wired Future – a highly visual program that takes viewers to the frontiers of quantum computation, with commentary from Stephen Hawking and 18 other quantum visionaries.
- Physics in Action – a popular five-part series that presents the facts, formulas, and laws of physics with real-world examples, illustrative animations, and a down-to-earth host.
- Elements: Making Sense of Matter – a three-hour BBC series that traces the evolution of chemistry through re-creations of pivotal experiments that bring out the inherent drama and spectacle of science.
- Shedding Light on Motion – a four-part series that presents a visual treasure trove of demonstrations, animations, and explanations of all things motion.
- Color: The Spectrum of Science – just 15 colors tell the entire story of Earth, life, and scientific discovery. This three-part BBC series explains how each of these colors occur, unlocking the mysteries of nature and the forces that underpin the Universe itself.
- The Chem Lab: Safety in Every Step – an introduction to the chemistry laboratory and the proper safety measures to take.
- Chemistry: Challenges and Solutions – an Annenberg Learner 13-part series that introduces students to cutting-edge applications of chemistry.
- Light: Everything You Need to Know – a five-part series providing concrete ways to understand the difficult abstractions inherent in the study of light.
- 400 Years of the Telescope: A Journey of Science, Technology, and Thought – the history of the telescope, from the days of Copernicus to recent findings from the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Uranium: Twisting the Dragon’s Tail – a two-part PBS series that seeks to reveal the cultural, scientific, and natural history of the most wondrous and terrifying rock on Earth.
- Electricity: A 3-D Animated Demonstration – a comprehensive eight-part series covering current and circuits, power and efficiency, magnetism, Ohm’s law, and more.
- Science in Everyday Life: Physical Science Video Clips – a collection of 34 visually stunning video clips that explore the many facets of physics and the environment.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material