About This Product
How does a hybrid car engine work compared to a gas engine? How do construction blueprints differ from electrical blueprints? The hundreds of titles in this collection will help prepare students interested in vocational trades, including construction, cosmetology, communication, agriculture, applied engineering, and more.
This collection is available as a single-subject collection or as part of the Films On Demand Master Career & Technical Education Video Collection.
- More than 140 titles on automotive technology, covering both theory and service/repair. Major exclusive series include Auto Body Repair (12 parts); Hybrid Auto Repair (six parts); Powertrain Technology and Service (seven parts); ASE Certification Series (six parts); Chassis and Front End (nine parts); Automotive Computer Systems (four parts); Strategy-Based Automotive Diagnosis (three parts); Automotive Engines (eight parts); Electrical Systems (seven parts); and much more.
- Building Trades II – Shopware’s massive 20-part series covering every facet of building a home, from design and planning to roofing, siding, and finishing. A comprehensive series produced in conjunction with the National Association of Home Builders.
- Residential Energy Efficiency Projects – a five-part series covering how to complete some of today’s most popular green home projects, including installing solar electric, solar hot water, air sealing and insulation, upgrading a furnace, and performing a home energy audit.
- Safety and Technology Series – a six-part series that addresses proper safety for those who work in technical or industrial trades, including automotive, electrical, welding, woodworking, metalworking, and general shop safety.
- More than 30 hours of hairstyling and haircutting videos, including Basic Hairstyles (seven parts); Hair Coloring (four parts); Hair Brushing and Cutting (10 parts); and Men’s and Children’s Haircuts (five parts).
- Woodworking: The Art and the Craft – a 15-part series that is like having a master craftsman as a teacher’s aide. From the basics of measuring and cutting to the details of dovetail joints and finishing work, this indispensable tool helps students to learn skills before trying them and reinforce them afterward.
- Green-ovating: Home Renovations for a Sustainable World – a four-part series showing how existing homes can be transformed to improve energy efficiency, eco-friendliness, livability, and sustainability. Topics include home performance, green design, energy, and sustainable landscaping.
- Woodworking Tools – a 16-part series covering the major tools of the trade, including table saws, routers, planers, lathes, drills and drivers, rotary tools, sanders, and much more.
- Residential Electrical Wiring – a comprehensive eight-part series on installing, upgrading, or updating residential electrical service.
- Welding Processes and Fundamentals – a four-part series teaching the art of joining and cutting metals, a necessary skill in professions across multiple trades.
- Made to Renovate – a five-part series that takes an in-depth look at how home decor and renovation-related products evolve by way of their manufacturing process.
- Multiple titles on design, including Building Cars; Developing a Website; Product Design: Process and Inspiration; Graphic Design: What’s in a Logo? and more.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For classwork viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Unlimited access from your computer/laptop, tablet, or phone—on campus or off
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Upload the proprietary digital video content you already own and use (like lectures, seminars, etc.) to the platform
- Captions, interactive transcripts, citations, Google Translate, and more
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs such as D2L, Canvas, Moodle, and others
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material