About This Product
With a vivid and appealing new design, Access Video On Demand‘s fully responsive, mobile-friendly platform provides patrons with the content, tools, speed, and performance that today’s online experience demands. It’s the must-have video resource for patrons and learners of all ages, cord cutters, DIYers, library programming, and more.
Access Video On Demand offers public libraries an expansive, patron-friendly collection of thousands of high-quality videos that complement and enhance your library’s content offerings. We bring your patrons exceptional content from around the world that they may never have had the opportunity to see: from Oscar, Emmy, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries, to how-to programs that make life easier and richer, top-quality performances spanning the arts, biographies of history-makers past and present, and more.
- Breadth and Depth – From travel and fitness programming, to home and how-to videos, indie films, popular music performances and documentaries, curriculum-based educational videos, and more, we individually select titles from more than 800 international producers to bring a wide variety of content that best suits a public library’s mission of providing lifelong learning to a diverse range of patrons.
- Top Producers – We work with the very best producers, including A&E, PBS, National Geographic, ABC News, NBC News, CNBC, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, HBO Documentary Films, Bill Moyers, Rick Steves, Globe Trekker, Julia Child, Open University, Annenberg Learner, TED, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, and many more.
- Exclusivity – More than half of our titles cannot be found with other video distributors, thanks to exclusive agreements with producers from around the world.
- Performance – Our platform features an advanced technical infrastructure, a fully responsive and mobile-friendly interface, and a powerful search engine and browse functions, making it fast and easy to use 24/7 on any Internet-enabled device.
- Freshness – Our acquisition efforts are ongoing, and every day we add more to the collection.
- Intuitive, Patron-Friendly Organization – Our high-interest content is organized into patron-friendly categories—including How-To, Independent Films, Explore the World, Self-Improvement, Music & Theater, Trending Topics, Staff Picks, and more—that make videos easy to find and enjoy. Patrons can also find content by subject, under high-interest topics such as history, sports and fitness, health and wellness, family and living, career planning and resources, business and economics, travel and recreation, technology and society, teen issues, and many more.
- Exceptional Educational Content – Excellent for homeschoolers and learners of all ages, our platform features content that will both educate and entertain patrons on a wide range of curricular subjects, including history, biology, Earth science, engineering, technical and trade skills, art and architecture, music and dance, philosophy and religion, geography, global studies, language and literature, mathematics, psychology, sociology, political science, world culture and society, and more.
- Card Catalog Integration – All titles come with MARC records that make the videos searchable alongside all the books and other materials in your library.
- Public Performance Rights – All titles come with public performance rights, giving you the opportunity to hold free public screenings.
- Exclusive, high-interest videos from top producers you won’t find anywhere else—plus, new content added regularly at no additional cost
- Browser-based—no special software or hardware needed
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly
- Multiple search filters can be selected for more targeted results
- Infinite scrolling
- Featured series pages that highlight popular and selected content for patrons
- Full language support with Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Monthly calendar for meaningful library programming suggestions and ideas
- Uses HTTPS, a requirement for many new browser features, to protect the security and privacy of our users
- Custom Content Upload option
- Continuous Play and Loop Playlist options
- A robust administrative section with enhanced reporting, including a Custom Report Tool and the ability to save and export reports
- Searchable Support Center with valuable help materials, how-to tips, tutorials, and live help chat
- Marketing tools to increase patron awareness.
- Encourage community building
- Create and enhance library programming opportunities
- Add exciting visual content to your reference desk
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Provide easily accessible, meaningful video content for all patrons—with videos for students; seniors; children; parents; travelers; cooks; history buffs; animal lovers; entrepreneurs; DIYers; job seekers; science enthusiasts; dance, music, and theater lovers; artists; learners of all ages; homeschoolers; cord cutters; and many others!