About This Product
This specially curated collection serves the specific needs of students who are preparing for college, by providing top-quality video across the entire high school curriculum, including life skills and guidance. It’s ideal for high schools that want targeted content, tailored specifically to their level, rather than a collection that pools the entire range of K–12 content into one platform.
Always on the cutting edge, Classroom Video On Demand‘s platform provides users with the content, tools, speed, and performance that today’s online experience demands.
- Quality – From Oscar, Emmy, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries to A-list performances spanning the arts, we bring you the best of what’s out there.
- Breadth and Depth – We individually select titles from more than 800 international producers to bring a wide variety of the most relevant videos to suit the unique instructional needs of every subject.
- Performance – Our platform features an advanced technical infrastructure, a fully responsive interface, and a powerful search engine and browse functions, making it fast and easy to use 24/7 on any Internet-enabled device.
- Freshness – Our acquisition efforts are ongoing, and every day we add more to the collection.
- Correlated – All video content is correlated to Common Core, national, state, provincial, IB Organization, College Board AP, national STEM, and Next Generation Science Standards, as well as 21st Century Skills.
- Exclusivity – More than half of our titles cannot be found with any other academic distributor, thanks to exclusive agreements with hundreds of producers from around the world.
- Top Producers – We work with the very best producers, including A&E, the BBC, ABC News, NBC News, National Geographic, HBO Documentary Films, MacNeil/Lehrer Productions, Open University, Annenberg Learner, TED, VEA, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, and more.
- Curriculum Mapping – Working with an advisory board of education professionals, our content staff has created a subject-matter taxonomy of more than 700 distinct areas of study within 25 core subject areas designed to mirror the academic curriculum. We take pride in vetting every title before including it in the collection, and we think hard about how many places to cross-list each title in the taxonomy.
- Stimulate and reinforce in-class lectures, introduce new topics, and encourage open discussion on key subjects
- Content correlated to Common Core, state, national, IB, College Board AP, NGSS, and national STEM standards
- Embed persistent and authenticated video clips into course management systems such as Schoology, ClassLink, Clever, Itslearning, or Moodle
- Create personalized playlists using segments from multiple video titles; save favorites; share playlists for off-hours viewing and distance learning
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist to provide an overview or give context—perfect for distance learning and flipped classrooms!
- Add a link to department websites for immediate access to any top-level subject
- Instructor’s guides for many titles
- Find inspiration and material for research papers, projects, and presentations
- Captioning and interactive, searchable transcripts on all titles
- Follow up on a clip used by a teacher in class and watch the rest of the video
- Dynamic citations in multiple formats
- Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- View on any device, anywhere, 24/7
- A comprehensive, curriculum-focused subscription providing unlimited access to thousands of videos
- Videos can be easily added to online catalogs and learning management systems
- Add your institution’s custom video content to the platform
- Robust admin portal and enhanced Support Center
- Public performance rights
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For off-site viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
This collection features seamless integration with Google Apps for Education (GAFE). Google Sign-In can be turned on to allow users to access Classroom Video On Demand with their Google credentials. Users can share content through Google Classroom by using the Share link on the search results page or on the Video Player page. Classroom Video On Demand also offers a Chrome Web Store App that can be added to the apps dashboard page on your school’s Chromebooks for a single sign-on experience.