Career & Technical Education Video Collection
K-12 Schools & Districts
About This Product
A multipurpose tool for vocational and technical high schools, the Career & Technical Education Collection is a powerful resource for students learning a trade and preparing for the world of employment. The video lessons on technical trades and STEM disciplines are ideal supplements for teachers dealing with heavy class loads, and the wealth of titles on navigating the job search and application process will prepare students for ultimate success. Featuring exclusive producers such as Shopware, Cambridge Educational, and Meridian Education, this collection also meets Perkins guidelines.
- Automotive Technology – instructional and overview videos on automotive theory, diagnosis and repair, safety, and career and industry content.
- Building and Technical Trades – a range of titles spanning construction, woodworking, electrical wiring, HVAC/R, welding, plumbing, and more.
- Engineering Technology – titles covering applied engineering in manufacturing, electronics, civil engineering, and more.
- Information Technology – instructional and documentary titles on computing, networking, programming and web design, data management, and security.
- Technical Communication – titles on creating graphics and design, photography, video, and other digital media.
- Career Development – titles on job search and application skills, programs exploring professions across the career clusters, and videos on the skills necessary for success in any job.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For off-site viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- High-quality, specialized videos for career and tech ed departments and high schools, segmented into easy-to-use clips
- Perkins-eligible source of authoritative STEM content
- New content added regularly
- Emphasis on safe practices
- Instructor’s guides for many titles
- Captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts
- Google Translate for 100+ languages
- Unlimited, simultaneous access, in class/library or off site
- Tablet/mobile- and interactive whiteboard-friendly
- Easily create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students; custom segment tool
- Authenticated search widget, content widget, and Top Ten Titles widget for your library’s home page
- Authenticated HTML embed code that allows direct access to videos from within Blackboard, Moodle, or other CMS
- Free MARC records for every video
- Robust admin portal and new enhanced Support Center.