Film On Demand: Master Career & Technical Education Video Package
Universities & Colleges
About This Product
Our Master Career & Technical Education Package is now better than ever, with a new taxonomy that readily complements associate degree-level courses—making it even easier for students and educators alike to find the video content they need to help with assignments and research.
An essential resource for any university’s career center or counseling department, this package consists of thousands of titles that can guide students toward a long, successful career and a well-balanced life, regardless of their field of study. Featuring exclusive producers such as Shopware, Cambridge Educational, and Meridian Educational, this package also meets Perkins guidelines.
- Careers & Job Search – Technology isn’t just changing how work gets done across various industries—it’s also changing the process of searching for and getting a job in the first place. Online portfolios, social networking, webcam interviews—these new realities are not simply replacing traditional ones such as résumés, cover letters, and a firm handshake; this technology has become an additional aspect of the modern job search to be mastered. This collection covers all the bases, from the tried and true to the cutting edge, while also providing overviews of career fields across the spectrum and insights into the necessary skills for success on the job.
- Computer Science & Information Technology – Want to learn what it takes to develop a game-changing app? Study robots? Navigate the world of Big Data? The Computer Science and Information Technology Video Collection covers all of those things and more. This versatile collection features programs on the history of computers, and on sociological and cultural aspects of computing in addition to new programs that cover the core computer science and information technology curricula.
- Cosmetology – For students who have a passion for making other people look their best, the videos in this collection offer inspiration and guidance on how to perform common styling techniques in hairdressing and barbering, providing an easy-to-follow visual component to cosmetology studies that students can watch and follow anytime, anywhere.
- Fashion Studies – A solid complement to university and community college fashion programs, this collection features entertaining and enlightening programs on the history of fashion, cultural impact of styles, and the careers and works of great designers such as Karl Lagerfeld, Vera Wang, Giorgio Armani, and more. For fashion students who aspire one day to see their works on both the runway and the red carpet, this collection is their first stop for ideas and inspiration.
- Guidance & Counseling – From teaching the “soft skills,” such as time management and mitigating stress, that can boost academic success, to warning about alcohol and drugs, peer pressure, and other dangers inherent to becoming a young adult, this collection covers life lessons that aren’t always taught in class, but that can be just as important in preparing for life after graduation.
- Hospitality & Tourism – Aspiring chefs, bartenders, hotel managers, and tour guides will find inspiration and learn a few lessons from this collection of videos focused on food science and the leisure industries. Find recipes from Jamie Oliver and a wide variety of videos on preparing food for restaurants, plus learn the basics of tending bar, how to brew beer and coffee, handle food safely, and more. Also, see what it’s like to work in hotels, resorts, and other areas of the tourism industry with overviews of the field and interviews with professionals.
- Technical Education & Skilled Trades – How does a hybrid car engine work compared to a gas engine? How do construction blueprints differ from electrical blueprints? The hundreds of titles in this collection will help prepare students interested in vocational trades, including construction, automotive, welding, plumbing, agriculture, and more.
- Visual & Performing Arts – Covering art, dance, drama and theater, media studies, and music, this robust collection celebrates the history, appreciation, and craftsmanship of creative expression. It offers historical studies of all genres, from masterpieces of classical music to Shakespearean theater; modern explorations of applied arts from drawing to sculpture; and media studies covering films and broadcasting. Plus, this collection provides a global perspective by showcasing performing arts from around the world.
- Visual Communication – Do you have students who are thinking of going into film production? How about graphic design? Are they considering careers as photographers? All of that can be found in this collection, which covers every aspect of visual production from the script writing process to film editing, cinematography and post-production graphics work. Find every manner of visual communication training within the 400+ programs within this collection, which is devoted to modern visual storytelling.
- Exclusive content from 128 producers, including HBO®, BBC, ARTE France, Cambridge Educational, Canadian Broadcasting Corp., Guardian News, Meridian Educational, National Film Board of Canada, Network Ireland TV, NewsHour, Shopware, and the Wellness Network
- Conveniently segmented for lecture and in-class use
- Unlimited access from any location—on campus or off
- Mobile app available for Apple iOS and Android
- Tablet- and mobile-friendly
- Create and share quizzes within videos with Quiz Tool
- Create and share playlists—use premade clips, full videos, or custom segments to engage students
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create
- Add your institution’s custom video or YouTube content to the Films On Demand platform
- Captions; interactive, searchable transcripts; Google Translate; and more
- Get citations for all videos in MLA, CMS, Harvard, and APA formats, with up-to-date citation creation and export
- New videos added at no additional cost
- Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, social media platforms, and LMSs
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement worries