Drama & Democracy: How Ancient Plays Reflect Modern Times: Video
In this Facebook Live interview, we talk with James Thomas from Macmillan Films, who has directed and produced more than 400 educational and narrative films, including productions of ancient Greek dramas. Learn about how these 2,000-year-old plays have themes that are very relevant today, including women’s roles and democracy. James also discusses how violence was handled in plays in ancient times as opposed to modern times.
Macmillan Films can be found in Infobase’s streaming video products. Learn more about:
- Films On Demand (for higher education)
- Classroom Video On Demand (for K–12 secondary schools)
- Access Video On Demand (for public libraries)
To try these resources, take a free trial!
- Keep Students Engaged and Assess Their Learning with Our Interactive Video Quiz Feature
- Content Conversations for Educators: HBO® Director Ivy Meeropol
- Video Streaming Service Meets Library Patrons’ Multiple Needs for Entertainment, Research, and More: Case Study
- Implementing and Managing Streaming Media Services in Academic Libraries: White Paper