Session 2: College and Career Readiness Workshop: Recent College Graduate Reflections
The college years—whether in-person or remote—are a period of growth and change, and helping students thrive in that environment can have an enormous impact on the rest of their lives. This is the second part of an enlightening two-part virtual workshop series, Helping Students Get THROUGH College in an Unprecedented Time: A Workshop for Higher Education Professionals, led by nationally recognized higher education expert Adam A. Smith, that equips college/university practitioners with the skills and knowledge to effectively coach students to succeed in higher education and beyond. Session 2 brings together recent college graduates to provide real-world insights to empower current students in their academic lives.
In this powerful conversation, recent grads share:
- What they wish they had taken advantage of in undergrad
- Major choices, barriers, and challenges they overcame
- Skills they wish they had in preparing for the job market
- Realities of life after college and skills they wish they had
- Reflections on majors, careers, social justice, and more.