Public librarians whose institutions subscribe to Access Video On Demand know that the streaming video service brings patrons exceptional content from around the world that they may never have had the opportunity to see otherwise: from Oscar®, Emmy®, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries, to how-to programs that make life easier and richer, top-quality performances spanning the arts, biographies of history-makers past and present, a variety of TV shows and movies, and more.
But, the real question is: Is there an app for that?
Coming soon to a device near you: the Access Video On Demand app for Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku! The app will make it even easier for participating users to access an expansive, patron-friendly collection of more than 44,000 high-quality videos anytime, anywhere. It will sync with the browser-based version, so any changes to custom sliders will immediately appear on the app, as will any saved video content from personal accounts under My Content. In addition, the app features all-inclusive subscription access—ideal for your library budget during a time when patrons are more likely to turn to your library’s streaming services for their entertainment.
What Your Patrons Will Be Able to Do with the App:*
- Sign in using their credentials or library card. (An Access Video On Demand subscription is necessary to use the app.)
- Easy navigation: search or browse from more than 1,200 outstanding producers and more than 30 subject categories with our intuitive interface.
- Stream thousands of high-quality videos that complement and enhance your library’s content offerings for free—without ads—through your library.
- Browse the Just for Kids Streaming Media Collection (if your library has a subscription) for unlimited age-appropriate shows and movies with access to parental controls using an optional PIN.
- Access our videos and video clips 24/7: the Access Video On Demand app will deliver exceptional content from around the world to your patrons’ smartphone or tablet, wherever they are!
*Not all features may be available at launch.
- Resume watching previously viewed videos
- All-inclusive subscription access—one fixed price independent of viewership
- Slider syncing between mobile app and desktop version
- View videos on the go, anytime, anywhere
- New, diverse content added regularly
- Public performance rights and no copyright infringement worries
- Infinite scrolling